|Sector||Defence & Security|
|Location||Bristol / Hybrid / UK Wide|
We are seeking DevSecOps Engineers as part of our System Engineering team, to design, implement and deliver new systems within the Defence Intelligence domain and wider.
The multi-disciplined Engineer will form part of the DevOps team, developing and delivering a range of capabilities in accordance with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). The role involves working across the full systems engineering lifecycle from concept and requirements analysis through design, build, test, acceptance and delivery into live operations.
Key responsibilities and attributes
- Work as a cross functional engineer within an Agile team.
- Design, code, integrate, test and deploy software as part of a team.
- Engage with clients, or their representatives, to understand requirements.
- Formally demonstrate software to clients or their representatives.
- Assist in the design and develop scalable, secure and high-performance software solutions in line with quality standards.
- Produce and execute software testing.
- Identify and fix bugs in software and deployments.
- Make use of COTS and Open-Source products to assist Operations.
- Document work and upskill junior team members.
- Help to identify lessons learned and best practices.
- Continue to engage with new technologies to create new possibilities for the DevOps team.
You will possess a combination of excellent analytical, technical and communication skills to help design and develop system capabilities. As a proactive self-starter, ideally you will have some combination of:
- A solid grounding in the Systems Engineering lifecycle, preferably with experience on large complex secure systems.
- Knowledge of Agile work practices.
- A knowledge and understanding of foundational ITIL functions, principles and processes.
- A proven track record in the implementation and maintenance of complex IT systems.
- Recent practical experience of successfully integrating complex COTS products.
- Expertise in the integration and configuration of COTS software to meet defined system requirements. e.g. Sophos, LogRhythm, Lumension Device Control, What’s Up, MS Office, ESRI ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine, BAE SOCET SET, Photoshop, Oracle, SQL Server, Splunk.
- Expertise and experience developing software (Python, C#, Go etc).
- Knowledge and experience wireframing UI/UX designed (e.g. through Balsamic).
- Experience of software release audits (as auditor or developer).
- Knowledge of using Active Directory and Group Policy Objects to define security requirements.
- Windows system administration experience, covering Windows 10 and Server 2012, 2016, 2019.
- Linux administration and user experience.
- Expertise or interest in designing and deploying cloud-based infrastructure (Azure, AWS etc).
- Solid scripting capabilities using PowerShell, VB, or Bash.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity best practices.
- Experience implementing hardware integration projects.
- Skills covering Problem analysis and resolution in a secure environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work out of hours on occasion.
Must have qualifications and experience
- This role may require security vetting and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.
- A foundational understanding of the Development Lifecycle.
- Experience configuring COTS software or using Open-Source software to meet a requirement.
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in software or systems engineering; or a relevant alternative.
- Experience designing solutions to meet client requirements.
- Cloud Accreditation in Administration or DevOps areas.
- Chartered IT Professional or equivalent.
- UX/UI design and implementation experience.
- Systems Administration experience.
We are a growing company and are always on the lookout for experienced professionals to join our team and help us grow our business. If you are ready for your next challenge, consider us as your next move.
The extras you’ll get
We invest in our people and reward them for the commitment they make, we’ll offer you:
- A competitive salary and bonus scheme
- A generous pension and life assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus options to tailor to your circumstances
- 10 days additional leave for military reservists
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Individual Doctor@Hand healthcare cover
- Genuine flexible working
- Work from home or our Bristol offices
- The latest secure tech
- Investment in personal development
- Vibrant social scene
- Relocation bonus for Graduates
Why work at Apache iX
We want our clients to enjoy working with us. We would like you to demonstrate behaviors that help make this happen
- We are motivated to deliver because we are passionate about what we do.
- We collaborate to build trust and enduring relationships.
- We are leaders in our actions and in our thinking.
- We listen to our clients and to those we work with.
- We learn all the time from our peers and from our profession.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please go to our Contact page and complete the form. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV before pressing submit.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after you send us your form to let you know the outcome of your application.