|Sector||Defence & Security|
|Location||Bristol / Hybrid|
The Commercial Manager role is responsible for ensuring Apache iX achieve excellence in all of its’ commercial activity. They will be a Commercial professional supporting and enabling the entire business by getting the right commercial conditions in place for success.
Commercial Manager responsibilities include:
- Leading on the Contract Sign Decision gate process within the Business Management System (BMS) and developing the associated decision making evidence.
- Management of Company Agreements (e.g. Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements).
- Contractual Key Performance Indicator Review.
- Seeking out opportunities to represent Apache iX in externally facing activities that positively support the commercial company position.
- Building a strong network of collaborative relationships and partnerships across the company campaign areas, including government, industry and beyond (International).
- The development and implementation of standards and policy to promote ethical behaviour (Environmental and Social Governance) and to prevent corruption, fraud and unethical behaviour.
The Commercial Manager role will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Business Acumen and Commercial Judgement through understanding and management of commercial risks, trade-offs.
- Analysis of complex data sets to provide clarity and unbiased thinking on commercial deals.
- Understanding of the motivations and behaviours of stakeholders, suppliers and networks to help achieve company objectives.
- Strong knowledge of contract law and precedents including dispute management.
- Resilience and emotional maturity working with ambiguity across the commercial environment.
- Provision of thought leadership and innovation / improvement for commercial deals.
- Ability to explain, coach and support others in understanding of commercial business aspects.
- Knowledge to assess markets and competitive behaviour and outline action plans to improve or protect Apache iX interests.
- Deep understanding of the commercial lifecycle, innovations and new commercial models to maximise commercial benefits for Apache iX.
- Help attract and retain high quality suppliers to build a competitive product / supply chain advantage.
- Champion continuous improvement in commercial practice, e.g. encouraging the use of new technology to support commercial process delivery within the organisation.
- Provide negotiation advice and direction, leading where appropriate.
- Ensure sufficient resource is deployed to manage complex contracts.
- Actively re-consider market approach over time to bring in new commercial models.
- Support and drive the use of structured approaches to supplier relationship management.
- Use of a variety of contracting approaches to minimise risk, motivate performance and drive innovations.
- Anticipation of problems, using commercial insight to act and secure value for the company.
- Understanding of exit and transition management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Team spirit.
This role may require security vetting and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.
The extras you’ll get
We invest in our people and reward them for the commitment they make, we’ll offer you:
- A competitive salary and bonus scheme
- A generous pension and life assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus options to tailor to your circumstances
- 10 days additional leave for military reservists
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Individual Doctor@Hand healthcare cover
- Genuine flexible working
- Work from home or our Bristol offices
- The latest secure tech
- Investment in personal development
- Vibrant social scene
- Relocation bonus for Graduates
Why work at Apache iX
We want our clients to enjoy working with us. We would like you to demonstrate behaviors that help make this happen
- We are motivated to deliver because we are passionate about what we do.
- We collaborate to build trust and enduring relationships.
- We are leaders in our actions and in our thinking.
- We listen to our clients and to those we work with.
- We learn all the time from our peers and from our profession.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please go to our Contact page and complete the form. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV before pressing submit.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after you send us your form to let you know the outcome of your application.