|Sector||Defence & Security|
|Location||Bristol / Hybrid / UK Wide|
The Cyber Security Consultant role is a specialist role in Apache. As a Cyber Security Consultant you will be required to provide specialist ‘Subject Matter Expert’ (SME) advice and support to a range of clients in different scenarios, demonstrating thought leadership in front of stakeholders at all levels. You will be put forward for roles where you will be required to assess large and complex problems and develop robust and credible policies, process, and recommendations for our clients, and you will be involved in shaping how they are implemented.
Key responsibilities and attributes
- Provide best practice cyber security advice and practical support to our clients
- Develop cyber security strategies, policies, processes, and implementation plans
- Experience in developing technical risk assessments, recommend mitigations and able to produce a security documentation including; Security Architecture Documents, RMADS and SyOPs.
- Experience in delivering Defence Cyber, Enterprise Architecture and Secure by Design
- Experience with NSCS guidance and Information Assurance standards
- Experience of MoD security process and practices (Relevant JSPs and Defcons)
- Advise on suitable methods of assessing cyber security e.g. Pen Testing
- Provide assurance on effective cyber security implementation
- Develop incident response plans to security breaches, and provide crisis management support to help respond to incidents, including media handling
- Technical understanding of IT security, Cloud Security, System Hardening, Boundary Controls, Crypto, PKI and Protective Monitoring
- Communicate clearly, confidently, and to a high standard in your written, presentational, and day to day work
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary teams that may be from multiple organisations
- Work with your clients to help them deliver their goals successfully, whilst demonstrating and upholding the Apache values
- Persuade and influence people
- Continuously seek to develop your cyber security skills, learning from a range of sources, including formal training, learning from experience, and coaching and mentoring
- Coach and mentor more junior colleagues to help transfer your knowledge and skills, either with Apache or with our clients
- Build and maintain excellent client relationships.
In addition, you’ll have general duties and responsibilities which are to:
- Contribute to the development, growth and conduct of the business
- Provide your services to client contracts as they are won by the Employer from time to time
- Contribute to the Employer’s business development activities and the winning of new client contracts
This role may require security vetting and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.
The extras you’ll get
We invest in our people and reward them for the commitment they make, we’ll offer you:
- A competitive salary and bonus scheme
- A generous pension and life assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus options to tailor to your circumstances
- 10 days additional leave for military reservists
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Individual Doctor@Hand healthcare cover
- Genuine flexible working
- Work from home or our Bristol offices
- The latest secure tech
- Investment in personal development
- Vibrant social scene
- Relocation bonus for Graduates
Why work at Apache iX
We want our clients to enjoy working with us. We would like you to demonstrate behaviors that help make this happen
- We are motivated to deliver because we are passionate about what we do.
- We collaborate to build trust and enduring relationships.
- We are leaders in our actions and in our thinking.
- We listen to our clients and to those we work with.
- We learn all the time from our peers and from our profession.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please go to our Contact page and complete the form. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV before pressing submit.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after you send us your form to let you know the outcome of your application.