|Defence & Security
|Bristol / Hybrid / UK Wide
Are you a numbers person? Can you do your talking through Excel or Power BI? Do you like the idea of working on complex acquisition programmes at the cutting edge of technology to try and make sense of them from a cost and risk perspective? Do you like the idea of working with diverse stakeholders to help them make better informed decisions? If this sounds like you, read on or APPLY NOW.
Apache iX are seeking a proactive and driven individual at Practitioner level to expand our team of Risk and Cost specialists to deal with our growing portfolio of work. We are looking for talented individuals who have experience of working with Government to:
- Provide cost modelling support to MoD and Industry
- Assess and analyse project risks
- Contribute to the development, growth and conduct of the business
We work with government and industry to help deliver national security objectives by providing pragmatic, trusted and collaborative management & technical consultancy support. We want you to bring your consultancy skills and enthusiasm to help our clients deliver their programmes and projects successfully.
Key responsibilities and attributes
You will be required to provide analytical support to help quantify defence systems, and inform decision making. You must be able to work alone or as part of a team, and confidently engage with customers at all levels. You will set up and lead workshops to gain an understanding of project plans, risks and costs. A desire to learn is essential.
Projects may be in support of MoD and industry. If working for MoD, then your role could be supporting MoD approvals on larger programmes, or helping run projects through quantification and analysis of progress against plans. In industry, the role could be in support of project planning and bid management. Typical activities would be:
- Determine costing requirement & boundaries
- Run workshops and meetings to develop a robust Basis of Estimate
- Support the production of Business Cases
- Engage stakeholders to assess project risk
- Populate cost models
- Run Monte Carlo simulation
- Present outputs to key stakeholders
- Support formal cost reviews with assurance and approvals communities
Pre-requisites, qualifications, and experience
- Degree in a numerate discipline
- Cost estimating & analysis experience, including the development, population and review of cost models
- Risk assessment and analysis expertise
- Knowledge of defence
- Proven stakeholder management ability
- Written and verbal communication
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
This role may require security vetting and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Membership of relevant professional body e.g. ICEAA, SCAF, ACostE, APM
- Business Cases and/or Investment Appraisals experience
- Experience of working with CAAS
- Verification and Validation of cost models
- Scheduling and Earned Value Management
- Experienced user of @Risk / Monte Carlo tools
- Power BI/Macros
We are a growing company and are always on the lookout for experienced professionals to join our team and help us grow our business. If you are ready for your next challenge, consider us as your next move.
The extras you’ll get
We invest in our people and reward them for the commitment they make, we’ll offer you:
- A competitive salary and bonus scheme
- A generous pension and life assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus options to tailor to your circumstances
- 10 days additional leave for military reservists
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Individual Doctor@Hand healthcare cover
- Genuine flexible working
- Work from home or our Bristol offices
- The latest secure tech
- Investment in personal development
- Vibrant social scene
- Relocation bonus for Graduates
Why work at Apache iX
We want our clients to enjoy working with us. We would like you to demonstrate behaviors that help make this happen
- We are motivated to deliver because we are passionate about what we do.
- We collaborate to build trust and enduring relationships.
- We are leaders in our actions and in our thinking.
- We listen to our clients and to those we work with.
- We learn all the time from our peers and from our profession.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please go to our Contact page and complete the form. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV before pressing submit.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after you send us your form to let you know the outcome of your application.