|Sector||Defence & Security|
|Location||Bristol / Hybrid / UK Wide|
Are you a natural organiser of people? Do you like to be the one gently leading the conversation and mapping out a plan at the whiteboard? Perhaps you have experience of the MOD’s Approvals and Business Case process? If this sounds like you, read on or APPLY NOW.
The P3M Consultant role is a key role in Apache and a core competence of our consultancy. As a P3M Consultant you will be highly flexible, adaptable, and able to apply your skills to many different scenarios in support of both our clients and internally. You will be put forward for roles where you will be required to show leadership of projects and tasks, the ability to organise yourself and others, and the ability to deliver either yourself or through others.
Key responsibilities and attributes
- Lead, manage and co-ordinate client and internal project / task activities to deliver to agreed targets
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary teams that may be from multiple organisations
- Provide best practice P3M advice and practical support to our clients
- Communicate clearly, confidently, and to a high standard, in your written, presentational, and day to day work
- Persuade and influence people
- Adapt your style and the P3M methodology you use to suit the circumstances (E.g. Agile, Waterfall, Lean, etc)
- Define the project or task scope, plan, and procurement artefacts including Statements of Requirement (SOR), Business Cases and Tender Documentation
- Manage and control project or task Cost, Time & Scope, Risk and Change
- Find pragmatic solutions to often conflicting constraints
- Carefully manage expectations & client relationships
- Deliver projects and tasks to outstanding quality requirements, including, where required, effectively managing client contracts in accordance with the Apache iX Ltd Quality Management System
- Continuously seek to develop your P3M skills, learning from a range of sources, including formal training, learning from experience, and coaching and mentoring
- Coach more junior colleagues to help transfer your knowledge and skills, either with Apache or with our clients
- Build and maintain excellent client relationships
- Demonstrate and uphold the Apache values
In addition, you’ll have general duties and responsibilities which are to:
- Contribute to the development, growth and conduct of the business
- Provide your services to client contracts as they are won by the Employer from time to time
- Contribute to the Employer’s business development activities and the winning of new client contracts
Pre-requisites, qualifications, and experience
- UK resident and right to work within the UK
- Graduate level to 10+yrs experience in P3M in defence or adjacent engineering sectors
- ICT or STEM degree or equivalent academic qualification desirable but not essential
- Experience of MOD approvals, business cases and procurement processes desirable
- P3M qualifications such as APM, Agile, Prince 2, MSP, or equivalent desirable
- Excellent spoken and written communicator
- A team player and (the desire to be) a natural and engaging leader
This role may require security vetting and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.
We are a growing company and are always on the lookout for experienced professionals to join our team and help us grow our business. If you are ready for your next challenge, consider us as your next move.
The extras you’ll get
We invest in our people and reward them for the commitment they make, we’ll offer you:
- A competitive salary and bonus scheme
- A generous pension and life assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus options to tailor to your circumstances
- 10 days additional leave for military reservists
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Individual Doctor@Hand healthcare cover
- Genuine flexible working
- Work from home or our Bristol offices
- The latest secure tech
- Investment in personal development
- Vibrant social scene
- Relocation bonus for Graduates
Why work at Apache iX
We want our clients to enjoy working with us. We would like you to demonstrate behaviors that help make this happen
- We are motivated to deliver because we are passionate about what we do.
- We collaborate to build trust and enduring relationships.
- We are leaders in our actions and in our thinking.
- We listen to our clients and to those we work with.
- We learn all the time from our peers and from our profession.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please go to our Contact page and complete the form. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV before pressing submit.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after you send us your form to let you know the outcome of your application.