|Sector||Defence & Security|
|Location||Bristol / Hybrid / UK Wide|
Graduate opportunities open for Autumn 2024 start!
If you want to forge a career contributing to the security of the nation, be given training that suits you and your development goals, and work with talented people with interesting experience, then consider us as your first choice. We are a forward thinking, supportive and growing company working in a complex environment that demands innovation and fresh thinking. We offer you the flexibility to do your thing, an active social scene, and friendly colleagues who are here to support you kick start your career.
Is your head in the cloud? Looking for a silver lining to your cloud? We work to solve complex problems within the Defence and Security sector – if you want to rise to that challenge then read on or APPLY NOW.
Apache iX Limited is seeking Graduate DevSecOps Engineers to assist in the design, implementation and delivery of new solutions within the Defence Intelligence domain.
The Multi-Disciplined Engineer will form part of the DevSecOps team, developing and delivering a range of capabilities in accordance with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). The role involves working across the full systems engineering lifecycle from concept and requirements analysis through design, build, test, acceptance and delivery into Live Operations.
Key responsibilities and attributes
As a Graduate level DevSecOps Engineer your overall responsibilities will be to:
- Work as a cross functional engineer within an Agile team.
- Design, code, integrate, test and deploy software as part of a team.
- Engage with clients, or their representatives, to understand requirements.
- Formally demonstrate software to clients or their representatives.
- Assist in the design and development of scalable, secure and high-performance software solutions in line with quality standards.
- Produce and execute software testing.
- Identify and fix bugs in software and deployments.
- Help to identify lessons learned and best practices.
- Continue to engage with new technologies to create new possibilities for the DevOps team.
You will possess a combination of excellent analytical, technical and communication skills to help design and develop system capabilities. As a proactive self-starter, ideally you will have some combination of:
- A solid grounding in the Systems Engineering lifecycle, from requirements to in-service to decommissioning.
- Knowledge of Agile work practices.
- A knowledge and understanding of foundational ITIL functions, principles and processes.
- Practical experience of successfully integrating COTS products or developing software (Python, C#, Go etc).
- Knowledge of Cloud services and principles.
- Knowledge of authentication methods.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity best-practices.
- Skills covering problem analysis and resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work out of hours on occasion.
Must have qualifications and experience
- This role may require security vetting and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.
- A foundational understanding of the Development Lifecycle.
- Experience configuring COTS software or using Open-Source software to meet a requirement.
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in Computer Science, Software or Systems engineering; or another STEM subject.
- Cloud Accreditation in Administration or DevOps areas.
- Experience using DevOps pipelines, e.g. Git usage, Infrastructure as Code, automation tools.
- UX/UI design and implementation experience.
- Solid scripting capabilities using PowerShell, VB, or Bash.
The extras you’ll get
We invest in our people and reward them for the commitment they make, we’ll offer you:
- A competitive salary and bonus scheme
- A generous pension and life assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus options to tailor to your circumstances
- 10 days additional leave for military reservists
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Individual Doctor@Hand healthcare cover
- Genuine flexible working
- Work from home or our Bristol offices
- The latest secure tech
- Investment in personal development
- Vibrant social scene
- Relocation bonus for Graduates
Why work at Apache iX
We want our clients to enjoy working with us. We would like you to demonstrate behaviors that help make this happen
- We are motivated to deliver because we are passionate about what we do.
- We collaborate to build trust and enduring relationships.
- We are leaders in our actions and in our thinking.
- We listen to our clients and to those we work with.
- We learn all the time from our peers and from our profession.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please go to our Contact page and complete the form. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV before pressing submit.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after you send us your form to let you know the outcome of your application.