|Sector||Defence & Security|
|Location||Bristol / Hybrid / UK Wide|
Graduate opportunities open for Autumn 2024 start!
If you want to forge a career contributing to the security of the nation, be given training that suits you and your development goals, and work with talented people with interesting experience, then consider us as your first choice. We are a forward thinking, supportive and growing company working in a complex environment that demands innovation and fresh thinking. We offer you the flexibility to do your thing, an active social scene, and friendly colleagues who are here to support you kick start your career.
We are seeking recent Graduate(s) with little or no experience to expand our team of Cost and Risk specialists to deal with our growing portfolio of work. We are looking for talented and ambitious individuals who like the sound of:
- Providing cost modelling support to MOD and Industry decision makers
- Identifying and analysing project risks in complex environments
- Contributing to the development, growth and conduct of our business.
We work with government and industry to help deliver national security objectives by providing pragmatic and collaborative management & technical consultancy support. We want you to bring your skills and enthusiasm to help our clients deliver their programmes and projects successfully.
A desire to learn is essential. We are looking to develop the right candidate through a blend of on the job experience and formal qualifications. You will be trained to provide analytical support to help quantify defence systems, and inform decision making. You will learn to work alone or as part of a team, and to confidently engage with customers at all levels. You will help facilitate workshops to gain an understanding of project plans, risks and costs.
You will learn the theory through training and gain certifications in areas such as Estimation/Analysis, Earned Value Management (EVM), risk management, and project planning and controls. You will then put it into practice by working with clients on projects. We will guide you through your training and development, and we encourage our members to work towards memberships with professional bodies such as SCAF, ICEAA, ACostE and APM.
Key Responsibilities and attributes
- Determining cost requirements & boundaries
- Running workshops and meetings to develop a robust Basis of Estimate
- Engaging stakeholders to assess project risks
- Building and populating cost models
- Running Monte Carlo simulations
- Presenting outputs to stakeholders
- Supporting cost reviews with assurance and approvals communities
Pre-requisites, qualifications and experience
- UK resident and right to work and willing to undergo security vetting
- STEM degree or equivalent numerate academic qualification
- Appreciation of cost and risk in a project context
- Awareness of defence and security sector’s role in UK national security
- Confident verbal and written communicator
- Competent user of Microsoft Office applications suite
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Power Platform tools, Macros, and coding skills are a bonus
- Driving licence and willingness to travel a bit depending on the client project.
This role may require security vetting and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.
The extras you’ll get
We invest in our people and reward them for the commitment they make, we’ll offer you:
- A competitive salary and bonus scheme
- A generous pension and life assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus options to tailor to your circumstances
- 10 days additional leave for military reservists
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Individual Doctor@Hand healthcare cover
- Genuine flexible working
- Work from home or our Bristol offices
- The latest secure tech
- Investment in personal development
- Vibrant social scene
- Relocation bonus for Graduates
Why work at Apache iX
We want our clients to enjoy working with us. We would like you to demonstrate behaviors that help make this happen
- We are motivated to deliver because we are passionate about what we do.
- We collaborate to build trust and enduring relationships.
- We are leaders in our actions and in our thinking.
- We listen to our clients and to those we work with.
- We learn all the time from our peers and from our profession.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please go to our Contact page and complete the form. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV before pressing submit.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after you send us your form to let you know the outcome of your application.