|Sector||Defence & Security|
|Location||Bristol / Hybrid / UK Wide|
The Data Analyst collects, organises and studies data to provide business insight. The role requires the individual to:
- apply tools and techniques for data analysis and data visualisation.
- identify, collect and migrate data to and from a range of systems.
- manage, clean, abstract and aggregate data alongside a range of analytical studies on that data.
- manipulate and link different data sets.
- summarise and present data and conclusions in the most appropriate format for users.
In detail the key responsibilities are provided below:
- Analysis and synthesis (data analyst). Adopt a wide range of analysis and synthesis techniques, and to continually assure, improve and innovate our data analytics practice to generate clear and valuable findings.
- Data management. Ensure data management and governance processes are in place and adhered to for the products and services Apache provide. Ensure data management responsibilities are clearly defined and training is in place to enable the execution of data management practices. Define strategies to enable continual improvement of data management practices and compliance with data governance policies.
- Data modelling, cleansing and enrichment. Understand different ways to model data to maximise its use and value. Ensure data is modelled appropriately, and modelling standards exist and are complied with. Understand a number of data integration tools and patterns, and ensure Apache have the support and training needed to use the most appropriate methods. Build relationships with other senior data professionals (in fields such as data architecture, data engineering and data science) to share best practice and continually improve data modelling and integration processes and standards.
- Data quality assurance, validation and linkage. Show a deep understanding of relevant data sources, tools and systems and use appropriate approaches for verifying and validating data and analysis. Influence senior stakeholders in data approaches and coach and mentor others.
- Data visualisation. Set the strategy to enable Apache to produce effective and influential visualisations. Ensure adherence to organisation-wide standards and guidelines, and suggest appropriate ways to improve them.
- IT and mathematics. Demonstrate knowledge and experience of the application of IT and mathematical skills. Ideally be a recognised specialist and adviser in these skills, including relating to user needs, generation of ideas, methods, tools, and leading or guiding others in best practice.
- Logical and creative thinking. Anticipate problems and know how to prevent them as well as understanding how problems fit into the larger picture. Able to describe problems and help others to do so.
Specific desirable IT knowledge required are as follows:
- Python scripting
- Power BI
This role may require security vetting and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.
The extras you’ll get
We invest in our people and reward them for the commitment they make, we’ll offer you:
- A competitive salary and bonus scheme
- A generous pension and life assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus options to tailor to your circumstances
- 10 days additional leave for military reservists
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Individual Doctor@Hand healthcare cover
- Genuine flexible working
- Work from home or our Bristol offices
- The latest secure tech
- Investment in personal development
- Vibrant social scene
- Relocation bonus for Graduates
Why work at Apache iX
We want our clients to enjoy working with us. We would like you to demonstrate behaviors that help make this happen
- We are motivated to deliver because we are passionate about what we do.
- We collaborate to build trust and enduring relationships.
- We are leaders in our actions and in our thinking.
- We listen to our clients and to those we work with.
- We learn all the time from our peers and from our profession.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please go to our Contact page and complete the form. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV before pressing submit.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after you send us your form to let you know the outcome of your application.